Senior Night for your band student is coming up THIS FRIDAY! (That's tomorrow) Recognition is easy and painless, but here’s a few notes to make sure everyone knows what to do.
1. Right after pre-game - Senior Parents (and siblings if you’re so inclined) are to meet in the North End Zone (the end zone opposite from the concession stand for those directionally challenged folks) for picture taking.
- There may be a little bit of chaos down there with the band leaving the field, so please gather away from the folks who are “de-pluming”. You’ll want to tell your student to wait to remove their plumes until after pictures. We want to try and get through this as quickly as we can due to the 8th graders being in the stands, and the probable desire for the football teams to use the end zone.
2. Sit-back and enjoy the first half.
3. When the band gets up for half-time, send one parent (not a sibling please) down to get a balloon for our Senior Recognition Balloon release. The balloon folks will be on the track near the band section…. Shouldn’t be hard to find. Take your balloon back up to your seats and get ready for the Balloon release.
4. IMPORTANT: Balloon release information: This is the ONLY tricky part of the evening. Before the performance, the names of all the Seniors will be announced. DO NOT RELEASE your balloons yet. After the names are announced (Johnathan Young is the last one), Cynthia will say a closing sentence about the Seniors. NOW we release the balloons. The balloon distributors on the track will release the remaining balloons and that’s your signal to let go of yours. Then, sit back and watch the performance.
Thanks for all that you’ve done these many years supporting the band and your student and all the other students. The Rompin’ Stompin’ Raiders wouldn’t be the same without all of the parents. Know that your children and you will be missed next year.